Saturday, 14 February 2009
Sunday, 8 February 2009
- 1 egg white
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 200g coarsely grated fresh coconut (about 1 coconut in total)
- 150g bar dark chocolate , chopped
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff then gradually add the sugar, whisking continuously until thick and glossy. Sift in the flour, then fold into the egg whites with the coconut until completely combined.
- Using an 8cm pastry cutter, squash spoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper or silicone plastic sheets - you may need to do this in two batches. Bake for 15-18 mins until golden around the edges and just starting to brown on top. Leave to cool, then transfer to a rack.
- While the macaroons are cooling, melt the chocolate in a microwave or over a pan of hot water and leave to cool slightly. Cover the smooth side with chocolate and leave to set in the fridge. The macaroons will keep in an airtight container for 2 days.
- 225g softened butter
- 225g caster sugar
- lemons , 3 zested and 2 Juiced
- 4 medium eggs , lightly whisked
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g ground almonds
- icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter and line the base of a 20cm round cake tin. Beat the butter and caster sugar in a large bowl using an electric hand whisk until pale and creamy. Add the lemon zest (reserving some for decoration) and mix well. Whisk the eggs gradually into the butter mixture, beating well between each addition - don't worry if it curdles.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and fold into the cake mixture using a large metal spoon or spatula. Add the ground almonds and 3/4 of the lemon juice and fold until thoroughly combined. Spoon into the prepared cake tin and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out without any raw mix on it.
- Put the cake tin on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile mix together the remaining lemon juice and zest and enough icing sugar to make a runny icing and then drizzle over the top of the cake. Cool in the tin for a further 30 minutes and then remove from the tin and cool completely before serving.
Wednesday, 4 February 2009
Firstly let me thank you all for the get well wishes, I am now feeling very much better and normal service is being resumed.
Just to let you all know I have a Stampin up party on Friday February 27th at 7pm.
You are welcome to bring a friend, but an RSVP would be appreciated.
We are now lucky enough to Sale-a brate as well and I will be running some special events and special offers to coincide with this great promotion.
What is Sale-A-Bration?
During the promotion period (1st January - 28th February 2009) everyone has the chance to earn FREE limited edition stamp sets. These stamp sets are only available during Sale-A-Bration and will not be repeated again.
Customers: Receive a free Sale-A-Bration product for every £45 purchase.
The Limited Edition stamp sets are as follows:
(Click on images to view them larger)
POLKA DOT PUNCHES
Tuesday, 3 February 2009
I made a second version of the sassy underwear card, here is the tag version, again its made using bazzill card and the cranberry card craft template.
Monday, 2 February 2009
This red & black card was made using Bazzill cardstock and a template by Cranberry card craft from the Glitzy girls range, I have just checked the website and this template seems to be discontinued.
The Ticket stamp says "good for a kiss Anytime " is by Inkadinkadoo INK 97502. The papers are by English stamp company & doodlebug. Pull out heart embellishment is from Papermania.
The stamp is from Pink gem The papers are from the Doodlebug valentines range & the flowers are from my stash from Poppicrafts.
Love is in the air.................. I have had orders for 6 Valentines cards & as I like to give people a choice I thought I better get creating.
Well this is a case of a card I found a few weeks back on Splitcoast stampers, but I am not happy with it, as I think it's a bit too cluttered.................oh well back to the drawing board.
I just love Penny Black images for Valentines day they are so cute & are always guaranteed to melt the hardest of hearts.
I was having a tidy & organise of some old stamps when I came across these two, they were part of the stamp of the month promotion from last February, I think I bought about 8 stamps as the display cards were so lovely. I made these two cards last night & then spent the evening trawling through the Internet trying to find an online stockist for the "Great Impressions Stamp of the month collection" as I fancy some of this months stamps, so if anyone knows who stocks Great Impressions please put me out of my misery.
Crafts are here
Crafts are here, crafts are there,
My craft supplies are everywhere.
I really should clean this mess,
but I like it I confess.
Floor is littered, chairs are piled,
Kitchen's looking pretty wild.
On the table, counter too,
Seems that any place will do.
Hall is stacked with cartons high,
filled with things folks like to buy.
Garage is full, but so far....
there's still room to park the car.
I never have an idle day,
New ideas come my way.
Don't know yet what I'll create,
but my imagination's great.
My family smiles, they don't complain,
although at times I am a pain.
but when all is said and done,
I really am a crafty one!
I"ve been visited
|Visit the hit counters gallery.|