The final all day event for 2012

Here are the dates for 2012 Experience days that Sharon & myself have organised.

Now Booking

Saturday 1st December at Hethersett Village Hall for the last all day event of 2012 & a Christmas Card & gift event
Theme - A whole day crafting
Cost - £25

Future Dates:


Saturday 1st December ~ Christmas gift event

And don't forget for every event you attend you will receive a FREE raffle ticket which could win you a
BIG SHOT BUNDLE.

(Draw to take place during December's Event)

All DAYS HAVE VERY LIMITED PLACES SO BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT. YOUR PLACE IS ONLY SECURED ONCE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.



Do you fancy a catalogue party?

Did you know that you can qualify for hostess benefits without having to hold a party?

Just by showing your catalogue around to your family, friends or craft group, If you collect together orders totalling over £150 you will qualify for a free hostess benefits.

If your interested please contact me for further details.

Search This Blog

Contact me

Stampin' Up Contact details I have set these business hours to preserve my home / work life balance.

Email ~ Anytime ~ lovellsinnorfolk@hotmail.co.uk
Or call me between 9.30 Am ~ 8Pm ~ 07092984580




Tuesday 13 November 2007

Painting with Twinkling H2o's


1. open the jars and spritz with a mist or 2 of water. Let it sit about 30 sec. This preps the cake-softens it a bit so you can easily add more water and mix. I use the spritzer bottle to add fresh water through my paint session as needed& a big jar of water to clean my brush.

2. I don't use a water brush like many do. I like to control the amount of water& with a waterbrush I find that harder to achieve. It's convenient for travel, but I have more success with a regular paint bush. I keep a big jar of water, clean my brush & gently squeeze the bristles to remove excess water. There is still plenty on the brush to paint with, sometimes all you need is a damp brush. If it drips....it's too much.

3. I also don't paint directly from the pot for the most part. I take my colour from the cake on my brush to a plastic palette. (piece of plastic, glass, old plate, anything that works, even the lid) This keep my colour shade consistent through the painting. If I take the paint from the pot as I paint (I am not a speed painter) the cake absorbs the water, get thicker & I find myself having to reconstitute the paint. This means I might end up with a different shade then I started with. With the paint on a palette it stays the same. Even if it dries on palette, dip your brush in fresh water, squeeze out the bristles & pick up your color from the palette. You can easily reconstitute these paints. You need not clean the palette either. Just leave it till next time and you can always re- wet and use or make color washes after your paint session is over.

4. Less is more!! The less water you use, the more intense the shimmer. Practice on a scrap on paper. Lots of water equals a paler shade and less shimmer. Little water equals intense shade and lots of shine.

5. Start with embossed images rather then a scene till you get the hang of it. The embossing acts as little "barriers" or reservoirs for your paint. Also, the shimmer will often obscure your stamp lines. You can over-stamp with positioner, but this is a fast easy way to make them really stand out.

6. You can use regular card stock with H20's. It's one of the things I love about these paints! While it's wonderful on sheer heaven, expensive watercolor & such, you don't need them to use your Twinkling H20's. Practice on plain old card stock first. I've painted on cheap envelopes, copy paper & plain old card stock with little to no wrinkling. Just keep in mind you'll want to use less water. Actually I prefer to use them on smoother, less absorbent paper like traditional watercolor. I find it easier to blend the colors on smooth paper& the shimmer shows up so much more IMHO. And the shimmer is why we shelled out for these paints isn't it?

7. Twinkling H20's dry so fast I generally don't blot my paper at all. If it does wrinkle, spritz the BACK of the paper, sandwich in-between wax paper and put inside a phone book to flatten.

8. These colors blend so easily. To blend your colors just clean your brush and squeeze it out so it's just damp. Go over the colors to blend & you will be surprised at how smoothly they flow together.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Stampin' Techniques

Stampin' Techniques
Two step Stampin

Watercolouring

Masking

Markers

Rock n roll

Stampin' Pastels

Heat embossing

Crafts are here

Crafts are here, crafts are there,

My craft supplies are everywhere.

I really should clean this mess,

but I like it I confess.

Floor is littered, chairs are piled,

Kitchen's looking pretty wild.

On the table, counter too,

Seems that any place will do.

Hall is stacked with cartons high,

filled with things folks like to buy.

Garage is full, but so far....

there's still room to park the car.

I never have an idle day,

New ideas come my way.

Don't know yet what I'll create,

but my imagination's great.

My family smiles, they don't complain,

although at times I am a pain.

but when all is said and done,

I really am a crafty one!

I"ve been visited

link to free hit counter html code
Visit the hit counters gallery.

Guest book

NeoCounter