The final all day event for 2012

Here are the dates for 2012 Experience days that Sharon & myself have organised.

Now Booking

Saturday 1st December at Hethersett Village Hall for the last all day event of 2012 & a Christmas Card & gift event
Theme - A whole day crafting
Cost - £25

Future Dates:


Saturday 1st December ~ Christmas gift event

And don't forget for every event you attend you will receive a FREE raffle ticket which could win you a
BIG SHOT BUNDLE.

(Draw to take place during December's Event)

All DAYS HAVE VERY LIMITED PLACES SO BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT. YOUR PLACE IS ONLY SECURED ONCE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.



Do you fancy a catalogue party?

Did you know that you can qualify for hostess benefits without having to hold a party?

Just by showing your catalogue around to your family, friends or craft group, If you collect together orders totalling over £150 you will qualify for a free hostess benefits.

If your interested please contact me for further details.

Search This Blog

Contact me

Stampin' Up Contact details I have set these business hours to preserve my home / work life balance.

Email ~ Anytime ~ lovellsinnorfolk@hotmail.co.uk
Or call me between 9.30 Am ~ 8Pm ~ 07092984580




Wednesday 30 January 2008

Getting started ~ Rubber stamping

How do I get started in rubber stamping?

When I first started rubber stamping 16+ years ago I was completely overwhelmed with the variety of products on the market so my aim here is to keep the information as simple as possible so that you can go away & make your own choices.

I read somewhere that art is a journey and we are all at different stages – what I have learn't is that everybody’s cards are different- if you give two experienced stamper’s the same rubber stamp they will still produce very contrasting pieces of work – what’s important is that you made it, and over time you will find techniques which you prefer, and develop your own personal style.

Starting Out in Rubber Stamping

I can remember my first trip to a craft & seeing the many stamps & inkpads available and of course wanting them all – but before you buy I would just like to make the following points:

1. Don’t just buy the cheapest inkpads – it is a false economy. Ask around and find out what fellow stampers recommend. There are many forums that give advice to newcomers.
Although some inkpads may cost slightly more they will last you longer in the long term – I’m still using the same black memories that I bought many years ago.
My personal favourites are:
Versamark for embossing,
Staz-on in black or brown for watercolouring images ( staz - on cleaner is needed with this pad.
Brilliance & Versamagic chalk effect for a variety of direct to paper techniques.

2. Rubber Stamps – so much choice & where to start. We all have had impulse buys – I too am guilty of that, but when you buy a stamp, try & think of a number of different ways or occasions you could use it. For example, a simple flower stamp can be used for mother’s day or a female birthday. The petals could be layered, or the stamp could be stamped repeatedly using a mask to create depth. You also need to consider the type of stamp you are buying, mounted, un-mounted, solid or outline?

Types of Rubber Stamps

Solid vs. Outline Rubber Stamps
The fundamental difference between solid and outline stamps is how you add colour to the stamped image. With a solid stamp you need to add colour before stamping, i.e., you apply colour directly to the stamp. Something which can be achieved in a variety of ways, including inkpads or Marvey Le Plume Pens

With an outline rubber stamp, colour is added once the image has been stamped. Stamp the image in an outline colour of choice and then apply colour to the card, material, or whatever using inks, chalks, paints, pencils, etc.

Mounted vs. unmounted Rubber Stamps

The difference between these types of stamps is obvious… One comes pre-mounted on a bloc of wood, the other is a flat stamp that needs to be placed on an acrylic block before it can be used. One thing I would stress here is that you shouldn’t be put off (like I was) from using un-mounted stamps, as there is nothing difficult or fiddly about them.


Unmounted stamps are far easier to store, and they are cheaper meaning you can buy more. We will be covering unmounted stamp & how to use them later on in the course. Talking of unmounted – you also have the choice of buying unmounted rubber stamps or unmounted acrylic stamps, which have the advantage of being see through so you can see exactly where you are stamping. Some people have strong preferences as to what they use, but again it is very much personal choice.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Just thought I would stop by your blog as it was picked up on a google alert as having mentioned my site www.CraftsbyCarolyn.co.uk

thank you, what a lovely blog, loads of info

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Stampin' Techniques

Stampin' Techniques
Two step Stampin

Watercolouring

Masking

Markers

Rock n roll

Stampin' Pastels

Heat embossing

Crafts are here

Crafts are here, crafts are there,

My craft supplies are everywhere.

I really should clean this mess,

but I like it I confess.

Floor is littered, chairs are piled,

Kitchen's looking pretty wild.

On the table, counter too,

Seems that any place will do.

Hall is stacked with cartons high,

filled with things folks like to buy.

Garage is full, but so far....

there's still room to park the car.

I never have an idle day,

New ideas come my way.

Don't know yet what I'll create,

but my imagination's great.

My family smiles, they don't complain,

although at times I am a pain.

but when all is said and done,

I really am a crafty one!

I"ve been visited

link to free hit counter html code
Visit the hit counters gallery.

Guest book

NeoCounter